To begin installing the backup battery in your Honeywell LYNX Plus L3000 wireless security system, you are going to depress the two tabs on the top of your system. Place the system down gently so you don’t damage it. Take the backup battery; place it in the housing area on the mounting plate area. Make sure to locate the wire through the designated slot and then connect the battery plug into the actual motherboard. Take the mounting bracket place it in the slot that is shown on the video, than go ahead and screw bracket into place. Once this is complete seal the panel back up and now you are all set! For more videos on the Honeywell LYNX Plus L3000 wireless security system follow our GEOARM Security YouTube page.
- Depress the two tabs at the top of the Honeywell LYNX L3000 Wireless Security System
- Be gentle when laying the system down you don’t want to crack the face of the system
- You will need 22 *2 gauge wire for this application, you will want to have it cut to the length from the control panel to the outlet.
- Pay attention to how the video shows both ends of the wire being cut in a different manner.
- The Honeywell LYNX L3000 Wireless Security System uses AC current so don’t worry about any polarity.
- When running the wire through the back mounting panel, tie a knot so the wire is not trying to pull itself out of the terminals.
- Try not to expose any excess copper either on the transformer itself or into the panel because you could run the risk of shorting your panel out.
- When screwing the wire’s into the terminals use caution don’t screw them into the panel to rough because you could strip the terminal you are using metal screws into a plastic terminal.