The 5800C2W enables retrofitting existing security systems by; converting their wired sensors to Honeywell’s 5800 series wireless technology, and replacing the existing control panel with a LYNX Touch or LYNX Plus series control. The 5800C2W also works with residential VISTA control panels equipped with a wireless RF receiver and keypad. It saves on installation costs, time and materials since there is no need to replace wired devices with individual transmitters. The calibration feature on the 5800C2W solves a frustrating problem, When converting hardwire to wireless zones, the first thing you need to do is find all the resistors. Many times resistors can be in the walls or buried in the window frame. Tried digging those out? Talk about labor! The 5800C2W has a one button calibration. Press it and forget about resistor issues. It will automatically calibrate the value from 2k to 9k. Now that’s a labor saver!
- Since the existing control panel is being replaced, its security functions will be performed by the new LYNX or VISTA control panel.
- The existing control panel can remain for the purpose of housing the backup battery. Further, the existing control panel can be powered down and the transformer unplugged.
- The 5800C2W module will charge the battery. This is also a good time to replace the existing battery if needed.
- At the existing control panel, tag and remove the sensor wires as they will now go to the 5800C2W. Up to nine  hardwired zones can be handled by each 5800C2W module.
- DO NOT mount inside the control panel or other metal enclosure.
- The integral battery cable fuse MUST be positioned inside the control panel enclosure. The fuse is not replaceable.
- Before mounting permanently, conduct Go/No Go tests (see control’s instructions) to verify adequate signal strength, relocate if necessary.
- If necessary, affix the SOC label to the inside cover.