The Honeywell 5800COMBO is a wireless Smoke and Carbon Monoxide (CO) combination detector intended for use with wireless alarm systems that support 5800 series devices.
Honeywell 5800COMBO Review
• Multi-Criteria Sensing uses four sensing elements to react faster while minimizing false alarms. The photoelectric smoke sensor detects airborne smoke particles and the Carbon Monoxide (CO) sensor detects smoldering fires. The Infrared (IR) sensor measures ambient light and flame signatures, such as flame flicker. Lastly, the Thermal detection monitors for a dangerous rise in temperature.
• Low-Temperature sensing: senses ambient temperature and reports if the temperature goes below 41°F (5°C). • CO Detector End-of-Life reporting (detector needs replacing)
• Smoke detector maintenance reporting (detector needs cleaning)
• Low Battery Detection – If a low battery is detected, the transmitter sends a low battery signal to the control panel. In addition, the status LED will blink amber every 10 seconds. This condition will exist for a minimum of 7 days, and then the detector’s horn will “chirp” about every 45 seconds. Pressing the test switch during this time will initiate Voice instructions. The battery should be replaced BEFORE the chirps begin. Be sure to replace all of the batteries. The 5800combo uses Four 3-volt CR123A Lithium Batteries which are included replace with Panasonic CR123A ONLY. Use of another battery may present a risk of fire or explosion.
• Voice Status of Smoke/CO/Battery Life
• Listed to UL standard 2075
• The 5800COMBO has a wireless range of 200ft nominal
• LED Indicator’s – The 5800COMBO has a multi-color top LED. LEDs provide multicolor visible distinctive annunciation of detector states. Green = Supervisory indication; blinks during power on, reset, and during normal operation, Amber = Signal maintenance and trouble events Red = Alarm condition (either Smoke or CO) Side LED windows to indicate alarms: red = smoke blue = CO
•Test/Hush buttons • Surface mount to wall or ceiling
•Optional drywall anchors included
•The 5800COMBO contains an 85dB piezoelectric horn which generates the ANSI S3.41 temporal 4 patterns for CO alarm and temporal 3 patterns for smoke/thermal alarm.
•Drift Compensation -The Built-in Drift compensation automatically adjusts the sensitivity of the detector so that normal accumulation of dust in the chamber will not cause a sensitivity trouble signal. Once the detector reaches its limit of compensation, it transmits a maintenance signal to the panel.
•Auto Enroll Mode – The serial number of the 5800combo can be enrolled by removing the unit from its base and press the corresponding Smoke and/or CO TEST buttons for one second until loop 1 is enrolled. The unit will send 2 signals automatically so it is unnecessary to trip the test button twice. The smoke and CO have separate serial numbers. The CO serial number will be one digit higher than the smoke serial number. The sticker on the unit will show the first s/n.
NOTE: If the last digit of Serial Number 1 is a 9, Serial Number 2 will be one digit higher than the last two numbers of Serial Number 1, for example, if the last 2 digits of the SN are 39, Serial Number 2 will end with 40.
•This detector is manufactured with a long-life electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor. Over time the sensor will lose sensitivity and will need to be replaced with a new carbon monoxide detector. This detector’s lifespan is approximately ten years from the date of manufacture. The user should periodically check the detector’s replacement date. Remove the detector from its base and check the replacement date label on the underside of the detector. The sticker indicates the date that the detector should be replaced. When the Detector senses it has reached the end of life the LED will Double Blink Amber every 3 seconds. After 30 days, the sounder will also chirp every 45 seconds. Residential Panels (ie:20P, Lynx Touch, Lyric) will show Trouble in the zone and report CID E380, Commercial V-Plex Controls will not indicate End of Life unless Loop 2 is programmed as a Trouble/Aux EOL Supervision zone.